Research and Publication Ethics
1. The objectives of these regulations were to prohibit the production of scientific papers by unethical animal experimentation or unethical writing on the Journal of Biomedical and Translational Research (J Biomed Transl Res).
2. Research Ethics Committee are composed of 5 members of which three can be appointed among the editors by a president of the Research Institute of Veterinary Medicine (RIVM). The president of RIVM and Editorin- Chief of J Biomed Transl Res will be deserved for the members.
3. Research Ethics Committee shall perform the following tasks.
- (1) To ascertain activities of animal experimentation ethics committee in research institutes for ethical animal experiments.
- (2) To encourage compliance with ethical procedures of animal experiments
- (3) To advertise research ethics for the submitter and promote their submission to the journal
- (4) To review compliance with ethical animal experiments and fair procedures in submitted papers
- (5) To discipline members violating ethics rules
4. As a scientific paper including results from animal experiments submitted to the J Biomed Transl Res, the manuscript must be submitted according to the following regulations.
- (1) Animal experiments should be described to insert the phrase in the manuscript according to what ethical guidelines have been made.
- (2) When judges of the Committee request the ethics review process to an animal experimentation ethics committee of institutions (Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee, IACUC) or a head (or head of department), an approval of the proposed guidelines should be submitted.
5. A corresponding author or first author who wants to submit a manuscript to the J Biomed Transl Res should guarantee that the followings are not subject to any protest.
- (1) Dual publication, dual display or segmented publishing
- (2) Plagiarism or scientific imitation
- (3) Fake or fabrication
6. A corresponding or first author who does not comply with Animal Experimentation Ethics or Ethics to write a paper will take the following sanctions.
- (1) When judges request relevant evidence to a corresponding or first author who does not abide by Section 4/Subsection 1, a manuscript will be turned down before review process if an approval of the proposed guidelines has not been made or submitted as described in the Section 4/Subsection 2.
- (2) If a corresponding or first author is proved to submit a fake of animal ethics approval or false documents to the Committee as described in the Section 4/Subsection 2, he (she) will be prohibited to submit a manuscript to the J Biomed Transl Res for 3 years.
- (3) A corresponding or first author who violates any one of the Subsections described in the Section 5, he (she) will be prohibited to submit a manuscript to the J Biomed Transl Res for 3 years commencing a decision date.
- (4) If a corresponding or first author is subject to sanctions more than two times as described in the Section 5, he (she) will receive a lifetime ban from the J Biomed Transl Res.
For the policies on the research and publication ethics not stated in this instruction, “Guidelines on Good Publication (http://publicationethics.org/international-standards-editors-and-authors)” can be applied.