1. The mission of Journal of Biomedical and Translational Research is to disseminate high-quality, peerreviewed information that expands biomedical knowledge and promotes human and animal health through the study of etiology, epidemiology, diagnosis, treatment or prevention of diseases, pharmacology, therapeutics, development of disease-model animals and biomedical science, etc.
2. The corresponding author must confirm that the manuscript was submitted exclusively to Journal of Biomedical and Translational Research in the cover letter.
3. Authors must state in the manuscript that human and animal studies were conducted according to ethical procedures. It is the author’s responsibility to ensure that a patient’s anonymity be carefully protected and to verify that any experimental investigation on human subjects reported in the manuscript was performed with informed consent and followed all guidelines for experimental investigation with human subjects required by the institution(s) with which all the authors are affiliated. For animal experiments, authors, if necessary, should present documents or protocols approved by their Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) following a referee’s request.
4. Tables, illustrations, graphs, photographs and texts for illustrations should be sent on separate sheets.
Submission and peer review process of manuscripts
All new manuscripts should be submitted directly to: Editorial Office (Sang-Hwan Hyun, D.V.M., Ph.D., Editor-in-Chief) through only the online submission system (http://www.jbtr.or.kr). Acceptance of manuscripts is based on many factors, including the importance, originality and priority of the research. The Editor-in- Chief and an Associate Editors generally review manuscripts. Then the selected manuscripts are reviewed by two external peer reviewers. Upon completion of the review, authors will receive notification of the Editor’s decision with comments offered by the reviewers by the online submission system.
1. Reviews, original articles, short communications, and case reports, etc, generally contain overall review on current research issues, results of novel experiment or investigation, examination of clinical cases, and unique experimental procedures or techniques, respectively.
2. Manuscripts must be submitted by the online in the corner of [On-line submission] of [Electronic papers] at the website (http://www.jbtr.or.kr). It is recommended that the article should be prepared to 1) title page with a title of manuscript, list of authors, affiliation, running title, contact information of a corresponding author, 2) text file including abstract, introduction, materials and methods, results, discussion, references, tables, and figure legends by MS Word program (hwp not recommended) and 3) figure file by MS Powerpoint. The figures and line drawings should be camera ready and of high contrast. Low-quality figures must be replaced with proper ones, after acceptance and prior to publication.
3. Each manuscript submitted will be read by Editor-in-chief or Associate editors before being sent to referees who are chosen to evaluate the work. In general, accepted manuscripts are published in the order of receipt.
4. First decision of Editor-in-chief or Associate editors, together with the advice of the referees, will be sent to the corresponding author as soon as possible. All referees’ comments must be responded to, and suggested changes be made. Revised manuscripts should be submitted to Editorial Office with the letter of authors’ response to referees’ comments. The final decision will be sent to the corresponding author as soon as possible. The editors may refuse to publish manuscripts from authors who ignore referees’ comments without proper revisions or defense based on supportive data. If a revised manuscript should not be arrived at Editorial Office within a proper time, it will be published in the next issue or processed as a new manuscript.
5. Proofs from a publisher of the journal will be sent to the corresponding author. Proofs must be checked immediately and the corrected proofs or a correction letter be returned by fax, express mail or E-mail within 72 hours.